Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Multimodal Presentation



Readability

  • Is the typeface attractive and readable?

Yes, the typeface is attractive and readable.

  • Are there any statistics or other data that would be easier to read in a chart, graph, or table?

It was the first time I had used Prezi and I felt the first slide was a little confusing but it was an overview of how the slides were linked together.  I chose the topic of the game of Chess but would chose another topic if I were to try to do another multimodal presentation.  I’m not sure how informative it would be to someone who has no idea about the game in general.

  • Is high-contrast text, including boldface and all caps, brief enough to be legible

All of the text is legible, some bold, and CHESS in all caps.  I feel it is very brief due to the fact we were only allowed a maximum of 5 words per slide.

Images and Other Graphics

  • What do images and other graphics contribute? Do they illustrate a concept? highlight an important point? show something that is difficult to describe in words alone? If the images and other graphics are only decorative, consider removing them.

For each slide I added a graphic to contribute to the game of Chess and illustrate the rules, names of the pieces, and the objective of the game is.  Check and checkmate pictures were incorporated to show what that means exactly and which term is used to signify the game is over “checkmate”.   

  • Are images and other graphics the right size? big enough to read or to see the important detail?

I resized the photos when I put pasted them in to fit the slide and still had plenty of room for the important details.

  • Do images have an obvious focus? Will readers see the part that matters? If not, consider if you can crop the image.

My images were just of chess boards, pieces, and directions showing how the pieces move on the board.  The pictures are very obvious and straight forward.

  • Are the charts, graphs, maps, or other graphics clear and informative?

I did not use any charts or graphs and my first slide has an overview map that I felt was a little confusing.  The template I used was “Chess” which I felt was appropriate and I tried my best to make the graphics relative, clear, and informative. 

  • If color is used, is it appropriate to the audience and purpose? Does color direct emphasis where it belongs? Are too many colors use?

I did not use color.

Content Learning

  • How do all the formal elements, pictorial as well as textual and symbolic, contribute to your emotional response or intellectual understanding of the concept? 

I was unsure of what a multimodal presentation was at first.  I attempted to think of a topic I could divide into 10 slides and describe without using more than 5 words per slide.  I feel that I did my best but would choose another topic that others are more familiar with the concepts to make the presentation more appealing and interesting to its viewers.  I enjoy the game of Chess and it was just the first thing that came to my mind when I was looking through the templates that were available to use on Prezi.  The pictures were sufficient but only using a maximum of five words per slide was difficult for me and made it hard for me to convey understanding and connection from one slide to the next.   

No comments:

Post a Comment